There’s nothing worse than clicking on a vegan recipe only to find a million different obscure ingredients that you don’t have. Rest assured this recipe doesn’t have any flax seeds, spelt flour, or organic agave syrup. These cookies are super easy, all you need are your kitchen staples to make the perfect vegan chocolate chip cookie! My girlfriend and I developed this recipe on a rainy morning, not wanting to run to the store for fancy ingredients or wash more than one dish. These classic chocolate chip cookies will remind you of the ones you had as a child and are of course best enjoyed with a glass of cold plant milk of your choice. Enjoy them soft and gooey or bake a few minutes extra for that crispy golden brown crunch. Try not to eat the whole bowl of cookie dough before you pop them in the oven!
Super Easy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp vegan butter (melted)
- 4 tbsp plant milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Combine all ingredients into a medium bowl. Be sure not to overmix, just mix until all flour is incorporated.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or freeze for 20 mins.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll cookie dough into quarter-sized balls and sprinkle with flakey sea salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Enjoy with a cup of your favorite plant milk!
Nina Lowry is an undergraduate student at UC Berkeley in her last year studying Molecular Environmental Biology with a focus in Animal Health and Behavior and minoring in Conservation and Resource Studies. She has been vegan for 2 years and grew up mostly plant-based. She is passionate about animal rights, animal behavior, and sustainability. She has a rescued brown tabby named Iggy who is her pride and joy and is talented at learning new tricks and walking on a leash! She has rescued many animals from lab guinea pigs to dairy calves and hopes to participate in many more. She enjoys ceramics, photography, camping, traveling, and working with her hands to craft and create!