Subway is universally known as the place to go for a fresh, quick sandwich. Although still technically considered fast food, Subway is considered by many to be a healthier option than most comparable chains. Rather than filling up on a greasy burger and fries, you’ll chow down on a sub sandwich packed full of veggies and protein. However, even though Subway is touted as a healthy option, it’s still not catered to vegans, as many of its menu items include meat or dairy. Fortunately, the Vegan Unlocked vegan menu and editor’s picks make it easy to find the vegan options at this sub shop. Whether you’re craving a vegan patty or a crisp salad, Subway’s got it!
The Vegan Unlocked Research Team analyzed all 140 items on the Subway menu. We came away with a number of tasty on-menu options.
Subway has a score of 2.3 out of 5 stars with Few Options Available. Its menu may not have been created with vegans in mind, but you can find several menu items that will satisfy a sandwich-loving vegan.
This score is calculated based on the amount of vegan offerings on Subway’s menu “as is” or with an easy substitution, a restaurant vegan customizability score and finally the amount of vegan options vs non-vegan options. Learn more about how Vegan Unlocked Ratings are calculated.
All Vegan Options on Subway Menu
What are all of the vegan options on the Subway menu?
- Veggie Delite with avocado: This classic veggie sandwich at Subway allows you to customize with your favorite vegetables. Hold the cheese and you’re all set.
- Veggie Patty: The veggie patty is made from soy, carrots, corn and red peppers. Enjoy with the veggies and bread of your choosing.
- Veggie Patty bowl: Enjoy the Veggie Patty in bowl form for a low-carb vegan meal
- Veggie Delite wrap: Get double the veggie portion, adding veggies like spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers and more to a wrap.
- Veggie Patty wrap: This wrap includes all the veggies you want along with a delicious veggie patty
- Veggie Patty salad: Another way to experience the Veggie Patty, this salad is veggie-packed and delicious
- Veggie Delite salad: A simple, refreshing meal of veggies and dressing for another low-carb vegan choice
- Lay’s Classic
- Baked Lay’s Original
- Veggie Delite for Kids
- GoGo squeeZ Apple Apple
Sauces, Add Ons, Toppings
- Hearty Multigrain
- Artisan Flatbread (but may contain milk)
- Green Peppers
- Red Onions
- Black Olives
- Banana Peppers
- Buffalo Sauce
- Mustard (Yellow)
- Oil Blend
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Sweet Onion Teriyaki Sauce
- Sliced Avocado
- Smashed Avocado
- Veggie Patty
Editor’s Picks: What Are the Best Vegan Meals at Subway?
The most classic vegan meal at Subway is the Veggie Delite with avocado.
The Veggie Patty is the best bang for your buck vegan option.
The healthiest vegan option at Subway is the Veggie Patty Bowl.
Note: Vegan Unlocked is a tool dedicated to helping people find plant-based options. We are not an allergen resource, and want to encourage our friends with allergies to proceed with caution. We cannot control and don’t always know when cross contamination takes place. See Subway’s allergen menu here. As far as cross-contamination of vegan foods with animal products, this is completely up to your comfort level as an individual. Read our stance on cross contamination.
Frequently Asked Subway Questions
Is Subway’s Veggie Patty Vegan?
Yes, Subway’s Veggie Patty is fully vegan.
What sauces at Subway are vegan?
The vegan sauces at Subway are Barbeque Sauce, Buffalo Sauce, Fat-Free Sweet Onion, Guacamole, Yellow Mustard, Deli Brown Mustard, Mustard Seed Spread, Oil, Red Wine Vinegar, Subway Herb Garlic Oil, and Subway Vinaigrette.
Is Subway bread vegan?
Some Subway breads are vegan, while others are not. The vegan bread options are the Artisan Italian (White), Artisan Flatbread, Hearty Multigrain and Sourdough.
You can find out more information on the Subway menu by visiting their website here.
Dining at Subway Soon?
Be sure to tag Vegan Unlocked and share your vegan meal or custom creation to be entered into our monthly giveaway!