Starbucks is one of the most well-known coffee brands in the world. With stores everywhere from Egypt to Australia, the chain is a beverage behemoth. It’s not just a coffee chain conqueror though, and even boasts a record label. Known for its wide variety of hot beverages, Starbucks offers around 87,000 possible drink combinations. Luckily, equipped with our Unlocked secret menu, editor’s picks and full menu, you don’t have to miss out on crazy concoctions. You’ll be able to sip on something sweet while upholding your vegan values, and when melding different flavors, the only limitation is your imagination! Note: We strongly encourage bringing your own reusable coffee cup to any coffee shop.
The Vegan Unlocked Research Team searched through all 21 items on the Starbucks menu. We came away with two delicious on-menu items and a plethora of pleasing plant-based sides, drinks, and secret menu items.
Starbucks scores 2.3 out of 5 stars with Few Options available. So, when it comes to weird and wonderful plant-based beverages, this chain has you covered. However, if you’re looking for something other than a light bite, you might want to look elsewhere.
This score is calculated based on the number of vegan offerings on Starbucks’ menu “as is” or with an easy substitution, a restaurant vegan customizability score and finally, the number of vegan options vs non-vegan options. Learn more about how Vegan Unlocked Ratings are calculated.
Sometimes the vegan food quest feels like you’re playing the game of life on hard mode. This can feel especially true when it comes to chains that don’t exclusively cater to vegan clientele. That said, eating vegan when you’re out and about doesn’t have to be a mind-bender, and sometimes you just have to put your creative mind to the test. To make things a little bit easier, we sent our team of vegan researchers to Starbucks to crack the code and find some sensational secret menu items. They didn’t disappoint either! If you’re feeling inspired by their custom creations, why not try it yourself? Sometimes this will just involve swapping out dairy milk for almond or subbing in some plant-based spreads.
Not in the mood to customize your meal? Scroll on to find the Starbucks vegan menu items and our editors’ top picks just below this section.
Toasted everything bagel with avocado spread
A vegan favorite, this order comes with a soft, chewy, and thick New York–style bagel topped with onion, garlic, salt, poppy, and sesame seeds, and slathered in mouth-watering avocado spread. With a zing from the lime and a bit of spice from the jalapeño pepper, this topped bagel will certainly wake up those taste buds.
Some people crave Christmas all year round, and with this Peppermint Mocha, you can make your morning festive every day. Order this with your favorite plant milk, without whipped cream or chocolate curls, and you’ll be singing hymns all afternoon.
Apple Crisp Macchiato
Is there anything more autumnal than a good apple – or at least something apple-flavored? Order this with oat milk and without whipped cream. If you’re in the mood for something sweet, why not add some dried fruit on top? This can also be enjoyed as a frappuccino or iced.
All the Vegan Options at Starbucks
So, what else is vegan at Starbucks?
- Chickpea Bites & Avocado Protein Box: Packed full of protein, this mix-and-match box comes with a delightful array of veggies, dip, and dried fruit.
- Rolled & Steel-Cut Oatmeal: This oatmeal features a mixture of rolled and whole-grain steel-cut oats topped with raisins, dried cranberries, sliced almonds, pecans, walnuts, and brown sugar. But, when it comes to the toppings, it’s really up to your personal preference.
- Plain Bagel
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Squirrel Brand Fruit & Nut
- Squirrel – Classic Almonds
- Hippeas – White Cheddar
- Salt & Vinegar Kettle Potato Chips
- Perfectly Salted Chips
- KIND – Almond Coconut Cashew Chai (Contains honey)
- KIND Blueberry Vanilla & Cashew Bar (Contains honey)
- Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate (Contains honey)
- KIND Salted Caramel & Dark Chocolate Nut Bar (Contains honey)
- That’s It Apple and Blueberry Bar
- That’s It Apple and Mango Bar
- This Bar Saves Lives – Dark Chocolate Cherry & Sea Salt Bar (Contains honey)
- This Bar Saves Lives – Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter (Contains honey)
- This Bar Saves Lives Madagascar Vanilla Almond & Honey Bar (Contains honey)
- This Bar Saves Lives – Wild Blueberry Pistachio Bar (Contains honey)
- Cinnamon Raisin Bagel
- Everything Bagel
- Peter Rabbit Organics Apple & Grape
- Peter Rabbit Organics Strawberry Banana
Sauces, Add Ons, Toppings
- Avocado spread
- Nut medley
- Dried fruit
- Agave syrup
- Almond milk
- Coconut milk
- Soy milk
- Oat milk
- Brewed coffee
- Cappuccino with plant milk
- Flat white with plant milk
- Chestnut Praline Latte with plant milk, with no whipped cream
- Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte, with no whipped cream (this can also be ordered as a Frappuccino or iced)
- Caffe latte with plant milk
- Starbucks Blonde Vanilla Latte
- Espresso macchiato with plant milk
- Caffè Mocha with plant milk, without whipped cream (this can also be ordered as a Frappuccino or iced)
- Chai Tea Latte with plant milk (Contains honey)
- Chai tea (Contains honey)
- Teavana London Fog Tea Latte with plant milk
- Earl Grey
- Royal English Breakfast Tea or latte with plant milk
- Emperor’s Clouds & Mist
- Matcha Tea Latte with plant milk (this can also be ordered as a Frappuccino or iced)
- Honey Citrus Mint Tea (Contains honey)
- Jade Citrus Mint Brewed Tea
- Mint Majesty tea
- Peach Tranquility
- Hot Chocolate with plant milk, with no whipped cream
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate with no whipped cream, or chocolate curls (this can also be ordered as a Frappuccino or iced)
- Steamed Apple Juice
- Chestnut Praline Crème with plant milk and no whipped cream
- Vanilla Crème with plant milk with no whipped cream
- Espresso Frappuccino Blended Beverage
- Caffè Vanilla Frappuccino Blended Beverage with plant milk, with no whipped cream
- Coffee Frappuccino Blended Beverage with plant milk, with no whipped cream
- Strawberry Crème Frappuccino Blended Beverage with plant milk and without whipped cream
- Cold brew coffee
- Cold brew coffee with plant milk
- Nitro cold brew
- Iced coffee
- Iced Brown Sugar Oat Milk Shaken Espresso
- Iced Toasted Vanilla Oat Milk Shaken Espresso
- Iced Chocolate Almond Milk Shaken Espresso
- Iced Shaken Espresso
- Dragon Drink Starbucks Refreshers Beverage
- Mango Dragonfruit Starbucks Refreshers Beverage
- Mango Dragonfruit Lemonade Starbucks Refreshers Beverage
- Paradise Drink Starbucks Refreshers Beverage
- Strawberry Açai Lemonade Starbucks Refreshers Beverage
- Pineapple Passionfruit Starbucks Refreshers Beverage
- Pineapple PassionFruit Lemonade Starbucks Refreshers Beverage
- Pink drink Starbucks Refreshers Beverage
- Strawberry Açaí Starbucks Refreshers Beverage
- Blended Strawberry Lemonade
Editor’s Picks: What Are the Top Vegan Meals at Starbucks?
Some people light up as the nights draw in, and the blankets come out because it’s a sign that Christmas bells are on the way. However, not everyone is a fan, and many long for the warmth of the summer months. If this is you, order the Mango Dragonfruit Lemonade Starbucks Refreshers Beverage, it’s Starbucks’ taste of summer tingler, and it’s a little taste of sunshine.
Just hit the gym, or got a long afternoon ahead of you? Order the Chickpea Bites & Avocado Protein Box, Starbucks’ protein packer. With chickpea bites, avocado dip, dried fruit and nut mix, and delicious veggies, this veggie box will keep things ticking along nicely until dinner.
The Chestnut Praline Crème ordered with plant milk, and no whipped cream is our festive favorite. With caramelized chestnuts and spice and spiced praline crumbs, this decadent delight is an absolute winner.
Note: Vegan Unlocked is a tool dedicated to helping people find plant-based options. We are not an allergen resource, and want to encourage our friends with allergies to proceed with caution. We cannot control and don’t always know when cross contamination takes place. As far as cross-contamination of vegan foods with animal products, this is completely up to your comfort level as an individual. Read our stance on cross contamination.
Frequently Asked Starbucks Questions
Which Lattes at Starbucks Are Vegan?
Starbucks’ lattes can be made vegan by swapping out dairy milk for plant-based milk, such as oat, soy, or coconut. Make sure to check the syrup is plant-based, too.
Which Starbucks Syrups Are Vegan?
- The following syrups are all plant-based:
- Caramel/sugar-free caramel
- Gingerbread syrup
- Hazelnut/sugar-free hazelnut syrup
- Toffee-nut syrup
- Macadamia syrup
- Almond syrup
- Mocha syrup
- Peach syrup
- Simple syrup
- Vanilla syrup
Is Starbucks Hot Chocolate Vegan?
Starbucks hot chocolate can be made vegan by swapping the steamed milk for a plant-based milk of your choice and leaving out the whipped cream. That’s because its mocha sauce is made with water, sugar, cocoa, and natural flavors – so, totally vegan-friendly.
You can find out more information on Starbucks by visiting its website here.
Dining at Starbuck soon?
Be sure to tag Vegan Unlocked and share your vegan meal or custom creation to be entered into our monthly giveaway!