When it comes to fast food, Panera is a beacon of healthy, veggie-filled options in a sea of burgers and fries. While it has its fair share of high-calorie meals, this chain restaurant offers more dishes for vegans and health-focused eaters than most fast food chains. Whether you’re in the mood for a warming bowl of soup in a bread bowl or a yummy wrap, Panera likely has it. While Panera’s menu is certainly not made for vegans, there are plenty of options to be found if you know how to look. With the Vegan Unlocked secret menu, vegan menu and editor’s picks, hungry vegans will have a number of delicious meals to choose from, including flavorful bowls, sandwiches, salads and more!
The Vegan Unlocked Research Team analyzed all 178 items on the Panera Bread menu. We came away with a few tasty custom creations and several on-menu options as well.
Panera Bread earns a 3.7/5 stars. It’s rated as a vegan-forward establishment. You’ll have no problem finding plenty to eat at Panera!
This score is calculated based on the amount of vegan offerings on Panera Bread’s menu “as is” or with an easy substitution, a restaurant vegan customizability score and finally the amount of vegan options vs non-vegan options. Learn more about how Vegan Unlocked Ratings are calculated.
While maintaining a lifestyle outside of the norm has its challenges, vegans are especially talented at creating a vegan meal no matter where you end up. You can’t always control what the menu is, but you can use your experience and ingenuity to piece together a meal from the options at hand. Just because a restaurant doesn’t specialize in vegan dishes doesn’t mean that vegans can’t enjoy a filling and delicious meal! Vegan Unlocked has made it even easier to do this by customizing a number of Panera Bread’s menu items, creating a secret menu. From subbing out certain ingredients to adding extra veggies, these meals are just as delicious as ones you’ll find at a vegan restaurant.
For those in the mood for a simpler ordering process, stick to the regular menu by scrolling down to find the Panera Bread vegan menu items and our editors’ top picks below this section.
Chipotle Chicken(less), Egg & Avocado on Ciabatta:
For a filling and tasty sandwich, get this menu item with no cheese, no chicken and no sauce. To add extra veggie deliciousness, add tomatoes and spinach.
Fuji Apple Salad (With No Chicken):
A yummy salad full of veggies and flavor, this secret menu item features arugula, romaine, baby kale and red leaf blend, grape tomatoes, red onions, toasted pecan pieces and apple chips tossed in sweet white balsamic vinaigrette. Hold the chicken and gorgonzola cheese.
All Vegan Options on Panera Bread Menu
What are all of the vegan options on the Panera Bread menu?
- Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich: A veggie medley of Zesty sweet Peppadew peppers, cucumbers, emerald greens, vine-ripened tomatoes, red onions, hummus, salt, and pepper on Tomato Basil. Just make sure to hold the cheese.
- Greek Salad: This Mediterranean salad features Romaine, grape tomatoes, red onions, kalamata olives, salt and pepper tossed in Greek dressing with a pepperoncini. Order it with no feta cheese.
- Asian Sesame Salad: A healthy, flavorful salad containing Romaine, fresh cilantro, toasted almonds, sesame seeds and wonton strips tossed in Asian sesame vinaigrette. Make sure to order it with no chicken.
- Citrus Asian Crunch Salad: This tasty Asian-inspired salad is made with Romaine and a blend of chopped broccoli, green cabbage, carrots, and kale tossed with edamame, pickled red onions, and fresh cilantro in tangerine soy ginger dressing and topped with crispy carrots and a teriyaki drizzle. Hold the chicken.
- Baja Bowl: A delicious combo of Cilantro lime brown rice and quinoa, black bean and corn salsa, salsa verde, grape tomatoes and fresh avocado. Hold the feta cheese and yogurt.
- Mediterranean Bowl: This tasty bowl features Cilantro lime brown rice and quinoa, arugula, grape tomatoes, Kalamata olives, cucumbers, hummus and lemon tahini dressing. Order it with no feta cheese and no yogurt.
- French baguette
- Fruit cup
- Blueberry bagel
- Everything bagel
- Sesame bagel
- Sprouted bagel
- Kid’s BLT (no turkey, no mayo, no bacon, add other veggies)
- Kid’s Fuji apple salad with chicken (no chicken, no gorgonzola cheese)
- Kid’s Greek salad (no feta cheese)
- Kid’s Asian sesame salad (no chicken)
- Kid’s Citrus Asian crunch salad (no chicken)
Sauces, Add Ons, Toppings
- Greek dressing
- Asian sesame
- White Balsamic Apple Flavored
- Apple Cider BBQ Sauce
- Spicy Mustard
- Lemon Tahini Dressing
- Salsa verde
- Tangerine Soy Ginger Dressing
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Red onion
- Pickled onions
- Country Rustic Sourdough
- Artisan Ciabatta
- Classic Sourdough
- Tomato Basil bread
- Black Pepper Focaccia
- White Whole Grain
Editor’s Picks: What Are the Best Vegan Meals at Panera Bread?
The most flavorful vegan meal is the modified Citrus Asian Crunch Salad, from the teriyaki drizzle to the tangerine soy ginger dressing.
At $7.99, the customized Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich is the most budget-friendly vegan meal at Panera Bread.
The customized Baja Bowl is the best bang-for-your-buck vegan meal, full of filling ingredients and nutrient-rich veggies for only $10.98.
Note: Vegan Unlocked is a tool dedicated to helping people find plant-based options. We are not an allergen resource, and want to encourage our friends with allergies to proceed with caution. We cannot control and don’t always know when cross contamination takes place. See Panera Bread’s allergen menu here. As far as cross-contamination of vegan foods with animal products, this is completely up to your comfort level as an individual. Read our stance on cross contamination.
Frequently Asked Panera Bread Questions
Are any of Panera’s pastries vegan?
No, sadly Panera doesn’t offer any dairy-free pastries.
Is the butter at Panera vegan?
No, Panera doesn’t have any vegan butter or cream options.
Are bread bowls at Panera vegan?
Yes, Panera bread bowls are fully vegan, containing no dairy or eggs!
You can find out more information on the Panera Bread menu by visiting their website here.
Dining at Panera Bread Soon?
Be sure to tag Vegan Unlocked and share your vegan meal or custom creation to be entered into our monthly giveaway!