Table of Contents
Cheesecake Factory, as the name suggests, is famous for its cheesecakes, with over 30 cheesecake slices to choose from. However, over the years, it’s branched out into entrees, appetizers, and a wide selection of mouthwatering sides, becoming a staple in suburban dining. It’s even well-catered for its vegan clientele, offering a plethora of exciting plant-based options. With our Vegan Unlocked secret menu, editor’s picks, and full menu, you’ll be bowled over with all the tasty treats on offer at Cheesecake Factory. Although, for the time being, at least, you’ll have to skip dessert because the chain hasn’t yet cracked the ultimate vegan cream cheese recipe.
The Vegan Unlocked Research Team analyzed all 250 items on the Cheesecake Factory menu. And they walked away triumphant with 8 on-menu items and an array of delicious secret menu items, appetizers, and more!
Cheesecake Factory scores 4.3 out of 5 stars with a vegan-forward menu. This means that when dining out at the chain, you’ll truly be spoilt for choice – no limp salads or patty-less burgers here. Instead, you’ll find an array of plant-based offerings that will truly tantalize your taste buds.
This score is calculated based on the number of vegan offerings on Cheesecake Factory’s menu “as is” or with an easy substitution, a restaurant vegan customizability score and finally, the number of vegan options vs non-vegan options. Learn more about how Vegan Unlocked Ratings are calculated.
We know that eating vegan at chains can sometimes feel a little bit challenging. Often, restaurants fail to advertise their vegan options clearly, which can cause a lot of confusion. At Vegan Unlocked, we’re the experts at uncovering plant-based potential, so we sent in our team of vegan researchers to do just that. They found that Cheesecake Factory comes in at the top of the list for vegan-friendly options, with a ton of as-is menu options and an array of customizable creations. So strap in for some unmissable vegan inventions that will take your tastebuds globe-trotting! Next time you’re out and about on the town, why not try to mix it up yourself? Sometimes all you need to do is swap a sauce or sub in some plant-based protein.
Don’t fancy a customized meal? Scroll on to find Cheesecake Factory’s vegan menu items and our editors’ top picks just below this section.
At Cheesecake Factory, with a little know-how, you can create the ultimate veggie breakfast. Choose the Cheesecake Factory, Create an Omelet, and hold the omelet (this may raise a few eyebrows). Instead add in avocado, roasted peppers, mushrooms and red onions, a side of breakfast potatoes, and an English muffin. And there you have it, the vegan breakfast of royalty!
Greens and Rice:
If you’re in the mood for something healthy and delicious, order the greens and rice. Get a side of steamed brown rice, add in a side of broccoli, grilled asparagus, sweet corn, and a side of low-cal soy sesame dressing. Loaded with veggies and packed full of flavor and nutrients, this delectable little dish is bound to satisfy.
Barbeque Ranch Chicken(less) Salad:
You may think that ordering this salad without chicken, BBQ ranch dressing, or crispy onions might leave you with little going on on your plate, but you couldn’t be more wrong. This is the perfect opportunity for creativity to strike! Sub in some broccoli and drizzle over some low-cal spicy vinaigrette, and you’ve got a winning dish.
All the Vegan Options at Cheesecake Factory
So, what else is vegan at Cheesecake Factory?
- Chinese Chicken(less) Salad: This tasty salad comes with rice noodles, lettuce, green onions, almonds, bean sprouts, orange, and sesame seeds, tossed in Chinese plum dressing. Ordered without chicken or wontons, it’s completely vegan, so dig in!
- Vegan Cobb Salad: This vegan salad is nourishing and delicious. Loaded with crisp lettuce, grilled asparagus, avocado, roasted beets, green beans, tomato, cucumber, carrot, quinoa, farro, almonds, and toasted pepitas and topped with house vinaigrette, you’ll walk away with your hunger truly satiated.
- Thai Chicken(less) Salad: Ordered without chicken, this Thai-inspired salad is 100% plant-based, and loaded with flavor.
- Sheila’s Chicken(less) and Avocado Salad: Named after founder and CEO of the Cheesecake Factory’s wife, Sheila Overton, this salad, ordered without the chicken, is a mouthwatering vegan-friendly delight. However, it’s not the healthiest item on the menu, coming in at 1,830 calories. Also, something that is key to note: the Citrus-Honey-Peanut Vinaigrette in this dish contains honey.
- Baja Chicken(less) Tacos: Ordered without chicken, cheese, or crema, and you’ve got a party in your mouth!
- Impossible Burger: Ordered straight off the menu, this burger patty is a vegan go-to for many chains and doesn’t disappoint. This order comes with crispy lettuce, juicy tomato, pickles (although that’s really up to you), onion, and mayonnaise on a toasted bun, with a green salad on the side.
- Skinny Asian Chicken(less) Lettuce Wrap Tacos: Order without chicken and you’ll have delicious butter lettuce leaves filled with carrots, bean sprouts, cucumber, cilantro and rice noodles with spicy peanut and cashew sauces.
- Spicy Shrimp(less) Pasta: This one is for the pasta lovers and spice seekers. Order this without shrimp, and you’ll have a plateful of sumptuous rigatoni covered in a rich, tomatoey sauce with a delightful bit of heat.
- Tossed Green Salad ordered with croutons
- Greek Salad without the feta
- Factory Chopped Salad without bacon, chicken, or blue cheese
- Factory Nachos without cheese or sour cream
- Thai Lettuce Wraps with Grilled Avocado
- Street Corn without parmesan or chili-lime mayo
- Little House Salad
- Korean Fried Cauliflower without the ranch (contains honey)
- Crispy Brussels Sprouts with no bacon
- Beet and Avocado Salad without honey-yogurt sauce
- Side of breakfast potatoes
- English muffin
- French fries
- Sweet potato fries
- Green beans without butter
- Fresh corn, ordered without butter
- Sauteed spinach sans butter
- Fresh broccoli
- Grilled asparagus without butter
- Steamed white rice
- Steamed brown rice
- Sourdough loaf
- Whole wheat loaf
- Kids’ Pasta with Marinara Sauce
- Kid’s strawberries without the whipped cream
Sauces, Add Ons, Toppings
- Balsamic vinaigrette
- Citrus honey dressing (contains honey)
- Low-cal mustard vinaigrette
- Low-cal sesame soy dressing
- Low-cal spicy vinaigrette
- Shallot vinaigrette
- Chinese plum dressing
- Thai vinaigrette
Editor’s Picks: What Are the Top Vegan Meals at Cheesecake Factory
In these trying times, it’s always welcome news that you might be able to save a few pennies. At Cheesecake Factory, the award for the most affordable salad goes to the Vegan Cobb Salad. And, just because it’s cheaper doesn’t mean you’ll receive a small portion or miss out on any flavor. This salad is overflowing with the good stuff, including asparagus, roasted beets, and quinoa!
The Cheesecake Factory’s vegan menu features cuisines inspired by countries all over the world, however, one of the stars of the show is its Thai taste sensation, the Thai Lettuce Wraps with Grilled Avocado. This Thai-inspired appetizer comes with grilled avocado, carrots, bean sprouts, coconut curry noodles, and crunchy lettuce leaves with three delicious Thai sauces: peanut, sweet red chili, and tamarind cashew.
Impossible really does have the vegan meat market cornered, and at Cheesecake Factory, its plant-based meat pleaser is its Impossible Burger. It’s quickly becoming a vegan staple at many chains, and we can see why!
Note: Vegan Unlocked is a tool dedicated to helping people find plant-based options. We are not an allergen resource, and want to encourage our friends with allergies to proceed with caution. We cannot control and don’t always know when cross contamination takes place. See Cheesecake Factory’s allergen menu here. As far as cross-contamination of vegan foods with animal products, this is completely up to your comfort level as an individual. Read our stance on cross contamination.
Frequently Asked Cheesecake Factory Questions
Does the Cheesecake Factory Have a Vegan Cheesecake?
No, for the time being, the Cheesecake Factory doesn’t have a vegan cheesecake.
Is Cheesecake Factory Bread Vegan?
Yes! Fortunately, the sourdough bread, brioche bun, wheat baguette, and white toast are all vegan-friendly. However, Cheesecake Factory bagels contain eggs, so they’re not vegan.
Is the Impossible Burger at Cheesecake Factory Vegan?
The Impossible Burger at Cheesecake Factory is indeed vegan. And, while it appears to bleed, that’s actually just the soy leghemoglobin that makes the patty ‘bleed’ just like a real beef burger.
You can find out more information on Cheesecake Factory by visiting their website here.
Dining at Cheesecake Factory Soon?
Be sure to tag Vegan Unlocked and share your vegan meal or custom creation to be entered into our monthly giveaway!